As promised, a non-ranty post!
Here is an epic quiz of geekiness, courtesy of Facebook:
3) Unicorn Pony
4) Wonder Woman — I’m not a big comics fan (see below) so I just picked the first female superhero that came to mind.
5) Elf (again, see below)
8) X ALL THE Y!
Gef’s Geeky Confessions
- I have never watched the following shows: Doctor Who, Firefly, the vast majority of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the X-Files, Star Trek, Supernatural (I watched one episode for a school project, that’s it), and pretty much anything that isn’t Criminal Minds, the Food Network, anime, the ATLA franchise, or My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
- I have never read The Lord of the Rings trilogy or watched any of the movies.
- I’ve never played an FPS
- I’ve never played Psychonauts
- I played Final Fantasy VIII before Final Fantasy VII. Also, Sephiroth is not hawt, he’s psychotic
- I enjoyed Final Fantasy X-2
- I hate Pinkie Pie so, so much. (Rarity FTW!)
- I paid full price for the CE of Hellgate: London (Yes, that was very, very, VERY stupid of me!).
- I came to the Elder Scrolls franchise with Morrowind
- …..and I thought Skyrim did a great job of fixing the issues in Morrowind and Oblivion
- I’m not a big fan of superhero things in general.
- …..I mix up Marvel and DC all the time.
- I actually read game manuals.
- I don’t like Disgaea….
- ….or Final Fantasy Tactics (Fire Emblem all the way!)
- I prefer Chrono Cross to Chrono Trigger
- When I say “I will play an evil character in this game”, I’ll still end up making “good” choices because I’ll feel bad for the characters/they won’t give me stuff.
- I like to go solo in MMORPGs
- …which is why I don’t play any MMORPGs
- I don’t have any current gen consoles
- I still use the Master Ball to catch MewTwo
- I see movies because I’m interested in the story, not because the hottest actor in Hollywood is in it
- I can’t recognize most celebrities by sight and only a handful by their voice
- I liked Vampire: The Masquerade — Bloodlines even though it was sexist and racist as fuck….
- I also liked Vampire: The Masquerade — Redemption even though it was cheesy as fuck.
- I’ve never played a tabletop RPG, ever.
- I’m definitely not a math person, I just barely passed physics in high school, hated chemistry and astronomy, and the most advanced programming language I know is HTML (which isn’t really a programming language).
- I like to watch walkthroughs on YouTube for games I will never play just for the witty commentary.
- Remember how I ranted about slash pairings? My personal favourite slashy crack pairing: Soma Cruz/Genya Arikado from Castlevania (Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow). I know, I’m a terrible, terrible person. Bad Gef! Bad!
- I liked Jar Jar Binks (yes, seriously, I thought he was cute! Stop looking at me like that! STOP IT!).